Marquee hire for Isle of Wight weddings and events
Marquee hire for Isle of Wight weddings and events
Frequently Asked Questions
Click to reveal answers
- Q. What size marquee do I need?
- A. The size of your marquee is dependant on how many guests you will be having, whether or not they will all be seated, if you require a dance floor and space for a DJ or band and the type of meal i.e. buffet or table service. With this information we can calculate the size of the marquee you will need.
- Q. If more people are coming in the evening do I need a bigger marquee or reception area?
- Depending on how many extra guests you are having we can advise you if a larger marquee is required.
- Q. How much will a marquee cost and do you have a price list?
- A. The simple answer is no we do not have a price list. This is because we know that every event is different and therefore will be a different price. We give each customer a personalised quotation based on his or her requirements. Our quotation is itemised so that it can be amended should you wish to add or remove items.
- Q. Does the price include putting the marquee up and taking it down?
- A. Yes. The price of erecting and dismantling your marquee is included in the price shown on your quotation.
- Q. How and when do I book my marquee?
- A. Upon receiving your quotation please complete and return your booking form along with your deposit. We advise you to book as soon as possible so that we can ensure that the equipment you require is available. Please note that during the Isle of Wight Festival, Cowes Week and other major events we are incredibly busy and advance booking is strongly advised.
- Q. When do you require full payment?
- A. Full payment is due 7 days before delivery.
- Q. Will my marquee be put up if the weather is bad?
- A. Yes. Our staff work all year round regardless of the weather, although if the weather is bad they would be very grateful for a warm drink!
- Q. Do I need to be there when you put my marquee up and will it ruin my grass/garden?
- A. It is not essential for you to be there when your marquee is erected however we do recommend that you are on site when we arrive to ensure that the marquee is erected where you would like it. If left up for a long period of time your grass may go brown due to lack of sunlight.
- Q. Can I hire other items if I am not hiring a marquee?
- A. Yes of course. Please look at our Furniture and Extras page for details of our equipment and contact us to discuss your requirements and get a quote.
- Q. Can we have windows on our marquee?
- A. Our marquees are erected according to your requirements and can have as many or as few windows as you would like. We stock Georgian, cathedral and panoramic style windows.
- Q. Do I have to have linings inside it?
- A. It is completely up to you whether or not to have linings inside your marquee. We can provide roof and wall linings as well as swags in a variety of colours (swags cover the joins between the roof and wall linings.
- Q. Do I have to have flooring and does the ground have to be level?
- A. If the ground is on a slope or very uneven we recommend that we carry out a site survey. It is not compulsory to have flooring in the marquee, however for weddings and parties we have coconut matting, wooden floor and carpet available.
- Q. What is the difference between traditional and clearspan marquees?
- A. Traditional marquees are usually made of canvas with wooden king poles inside the marquee. They need guy ropes all around the marquee.
Clearspan marquees are made out of PVC and have a metal frame. They can be erected on most surfaces including concrete.
- Q. Can we take off the walls if it is good weather?
- A. Yes. Our staff will be more than happy to show you how to open the walls and fold them back.
- Q. Does the catering tent include the catering equipment?
- A. No, however we can provide a catering pack, which will include lighting, power supply and tables. If you do require catering equipment please go to Coast and Country Catering Equipment.
- Q. Can we use our own lights in the marquee?
- Yes you may use your own lights in the marquee. However, we cannot take any liability for faults with or caused by your own lights and this would not be covered under our insurance.
- Q. What are the different lighting options?
- Uplighters are the most commonly used lights in marquees. These sit on the floor and project light upwards. These provide a substantial amount of light and we connect them to dimmer switches to allow you to alter the light as you wish.
Festoon lights are a string of light bulbs; these are similar to fairy lights but have much bigger bulbs so give off more light. We can also provide chandeliers and paper lanterns depending on your preference.
- Q. Do we need a generator?
- A. We do recommend that you have a generator for weddings and large events to ensure that you have adequate power for all of the electrical equipment in the marquee.
- Q. Do you have heaters for the marquee in case of cold or bad weather?
- A. Yes we can provide heaters. They will come with 8 hours of fuel and a member of our staff will show you how to use them. It is your responsibility to put any additional fuel into the heater should you require it.
Please take a look at our gallery to see more images of our marquees and equipment.